2011年1月1日 星期六

For my suddenly senior friends,

KNOW THE SYMPTOMS...... PLEASE READ!
Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder.
Somehow I feel better even though I have it!!


Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. -Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
This is how it manifests:

I decided to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decided it need washing.
As I started toward the garage,
I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.
I decided to go through the mail before I wash the car.
I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk  mail in the garbage can under the table, and noticed that the can is full.
So I decided to put the bills
 back on the table & take out the garbage first..
But then I think,
 since I'm going to be near the  mailbox, when I take out the garbage anyway, I might as well pay the bills first.
I took my check book off the table,
and saw that there is only one check left.
 My extra checks are in  my desk in the study, so I went inside the house to my desk where I found the can of Pepsi I'd been  drinking.
I'm going to look for my checks,
but first I needed to push the Pepsi aside so that I would'd accidentally knock it over. The Pepsi is getting  warm.
I decided to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold..
As I head toward the kitchen with the Pepsi, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye..

They need water.
I put the Pepsi on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all  morning.

I decided I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the  flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container  with water and suddenly spotted the TV remote someone had left it on the kitchen table.
I realize that tonight when we are going to watch TV,
I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so, I decided to put it back in the den where it  belongs.

But first I'll water the flowers.
I pour some water in the flowers. Quite a bit of it  spill on the floor. So, I set the remote back on the table, got some towels and wipe up the spill. Then I headed down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

the car isn't washed
the bills aren't paid
there is a warm can of Pepsi sitting on the counter
the flowers don't have enough water,
there is still only 1 check in my check book,
I can't find the remote,
I can't find my glasses,
and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.


Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done, I'm really baffled because I knew I was busy all  day, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious  problem,
and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.....

Do me a favor.
Forward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember who I've sent  to.

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

**********************************************************

沒有留言:

張貼留言